Business people, students, and academic researchers welcome.
Welcome to the website of Richard Lynch which explores the world of Global Strategy mainly from a business perspective. A comprehensive and authoritative collection of materials from the author of one of the world’s leading strategy textbooks – Strategic Management. If you are looking to learn more you’ll find all you need here.
Global Strategy is not just about multinationals launching brands worldwide. Global strategy covers the International Strategies of small and medium-sized companies as they move outside their home countries.
"Strategic Management by Richard Lynch is the definitive textbook on how to proactively create and control an organization’s future direction and competitive advantage. This is the result of a lifetime of experience and insight, distilled into an compelling and comprehensive book."
Professor Thomas C. Lawton
University College Cork, Ireland and University of Surrey, UK
"Strategic Management remains the key textbook for exploring both the innovative and planned aspects of strategy. Its readable, student-friendly style works well with its comprehensive and current coverage of all the key strategy topics."
Professor Nicholas O'Regan
Aston Business School, UK
"The new ninth edition builds on the strengths and structured presentation of the earlier editions... The companion site and the detailed slides remain an added value allowing to easily adapt the book content for lectures or seminars. MBA students particularly value the discussion of strategy implementation. "
Dr Inge Hill
Senior Lecturer Business Strategy, Associate Head Research, Enterprise Engagement and Knowledge Exchange for the School of Business and Entrepreneurship
The 9th edition of Strategic Management offers comprehensive coverage of all the core areas of business strategy with a strong global perspective.
- Balanced coverage of prescriptive and emergent models of strategic management.
- Application of strategic theory to new areas including technology and innovation strategy, sustainability and green strategy, entrepreneurial strategy and public sector strategy.
- Major revisions to chapters on Strategic Purpose, Knowledge and Networks, Theories of Entrepreneurship and International and Global Strategy in line with key developments.
- 20 brand new cases and updated case material throughout exploring the shifting economic fortunes of companies around the world, the rise of developing nations and rapid changes in communications and technology including the impact of the Corona virus.
- Range of tools within the book and online to support your learning including key strategic principles, strategic project ideas, critical reflections, questions and further reading.
Richard Lynch is Emeritus Professor of Strategic Management at Middlesex University, London.